• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU learning the hard way

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Or doesn't cooperate with European coppers, 'cos they hate us and want to give us their criminals.
    Shame for DA that we had this conversation after you'd gone all Madrid copper on his ass with a ban stick.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

probably not his fault remember many kids have upbringings too horrific for us to imagine
      Quite true, people are the result of their upbringing and it may not be their "fault". Hardly a reason to allow them freedom to threaten our citizens though.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Quite true, people are the result of their upbringing and it may not be their "fault". Hardly a reason to allow them freedom to threaten our citizens though.
        Indeed. I think we're all thoroughly piddled off with the game rather than the players.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Yeah it's okay he is not a rapist or a murderer, he is mentally ill and needs our sympathy.

Maybe we should petition for him to come to the UK so the NHS can treat him.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            Yeah it's okay he is not a rapist or a murderer, he is mentally ill and needs our sympathy.

Maybe we should petition for him to come to the UK so the NHS can treat him.
            Surely by definition all rapists are mentally ill.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Since he had no previous convictions it is impossible to know he was a risk.

Plenty of refugees aren't.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                What criteria should they have used to vet him?
                I just wouldn't let anyone from a war zone in, safety of your own people is more important than all this asylum bollox, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  I just wouldn't let anyone from a war zone in, safety of your own people is more important than all this asylum bollox, sorry.
                  Doesn't work like that I'm afraid. Britain's fault for having colonies in the past.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    The reason the obligations are in place is precisely to protect your own people. Because next time, they might be the ones being bombed and gassed.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      The reason the obligations are in place is precisely to protect your own people. Because next time, they might be the ones being bombed and gassed.
                      Yeah yeah, very likely.

Comment

Working...
                      X