• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paying in a large cheque...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also as we are discussing the FSCS, for 6 months you can get upto £1m covered in the event of property sales, insurance or inheritance

Q&As about temporary high balances |FSCS
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
      If you are looking to use it to help buy a property in a few months time, as indicated, then put it into an instant access savings account with your normal bank. Don't keep it in your current account, as it makes it more vulnerable to somebody cloning your debit card and stealing it.
      Good tip. The idea of having several hundred thousand in my current account is rather scary! I think I've an account that has no debit card at all I use for intra-year savings so it could just go there.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Simple, put £150K on man city to beat Celtic tomorrow night, pick up £60K profit on Thursday morning and take a few weeks off

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Good tip. The idea of having several hundred thousand in my current account is rather scary!
          Really? INKSPE.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
            Don't say it was from selling a large consignment of coke, unless its an HSBC account that is
            I find a simple tap of the nose reassures the teller that all is kosher in these situations.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
              I find a simple tap of the nose reassures the teller that all is kosher in these situations.

Very true, a haughty, audible sniff also helps oil the wheels
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Really? INKSPE.
                Yeah - current account is for day-to-day expenditure, I like to keep it as empty as possible. Normally a few hundred quid.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
                  Simple, put £150K on man city to beat Celtic tomorrow night, pick up £60K profit on Thursday morning and take a few weeks off
                  The betting shops must have a limit, no?
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Yeah - current account is for day-to-day expenditure, I like to keep it as empty as possible. Normally a few hundred quid.
                    Frankly, I get nervous if my current account dips below five figures. A few hundred is what you carry in your wallet. Swiss culture is rather different!

Guy goes into a Swiss bank with a briefcase. He goes up to the teller.
                    Customer: (In a whisper) I'd like to open an account and I've got my initial deposit here.
                    Teller: No problem. How much would you like to pay in today?
                    Customer: (Still whispering) Four million francs*
                    Teller: Certainly sir. And by the way, there's no need to whisper. Poverty isn't shameful in Switzerland.

* (that's ~£3M)
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

FTFY

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      Frankly, I get nervous if my current account dips below five figures. A few hundred is what you carry in your wallet. Swiss culture is rather different!

Guy goes into a Swiss bank with a briefcase. He goes up to the teller.
                      Customer: (In a whisper) I'd like to open an account and I've got my initial deposit here.
                      Teller: No problem. How much would you like to pay in today?
                      Customer: (Still whispering) Four million francs*
                      Teller: Certainly sir. And by the way, there's no need to whisper. Poverty, or money laundering isn't shameful in Switzerland.

* (that's ~£3M)
                      My own culture is exactly the same
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X