• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

11 dead in French shooting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    They seem to have a history of making fun of Mohammed. A fire bombing didn't stop them.

Not sure whether to feel annoyed at the Journalists or the Gunmen or more likely both.
    Why on earth be annoyed at the journos just because they make fun of some guy who lived 1500 years ago?

These religious nutters need to get over themselves. They are the ones in teh wrong and we should not be offering excuses for such cold blooded, and cowardly, murders.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      Why on earth be annoyed at the journos just because they make fun of some guy who lived 1500 years ago?

These religious nutters need to get over themselves. They are the ones in teh wrong and we should not be offering excuses for such cold blooded, and cowardly, murders.
      Because, even though the murderers are in the wrong, this wasn't an unforeseen consequence of what the magazine published. Fair enough, they decided it was worth it to sell a few magazines, that's their choice but 2 cops and 2 others are dead because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
        Because, even though the murderers are in the wrong, this wasn't an unforeseen consequence of what the magazine published. Fair enough, they decided it was worth it to sell a few magazines, that's their choice but 2 cops and 2 others are dead because of it.
        Oh, I see. So next time I'm walking through Covent Garden and one of the street entertainers makes a joke in my direction I am at liberty to slaughter them? It will be their fault that I'm a nutter and can't take a joke?

God doesn't exist. Religion is made up by the few to control the many. Full stop. These murders are aimed at control of the many by the few. Silence critics, silence anyone who doesn't support heir views. This is how the Taliban ruled Afgan for so long, and now they want to spread this fear/control to the rest of the world.

We should not be silenced. Freedom of speech is a freedom humanity should not give up.

This was a cowardly act.
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

These nut cases have no religion - they are savages at best.

You think anybody with any kind of religious values would go round killing people willy nilly?

Once again we are forgetting the main point here - the ideology of this filth comes from one particularly rich ally of ours - Saudi Arabia. The books they give out and the preachers they have are where all this filth originates.

If you want to kill this ideology off then you need to go straight for the jugular.

Also why is there more disgust at the killing of 11 french people than 100 Pakistani children, or 500 Palestinian children or 100,000 shias massacred in Iraq/Syria? Why do we have a superiority complex? Is it because we have whiter skin?

Remember those "rebels" the French were supportive of in Syria? Where here they are biting them in the Arse. Sick of this racist world.
          Last edited by NorthWestPerm2Contr; 7 January 2015, 21:26.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
            These nut cases have no religion - they are savages at best.

You think anybody with any kind of religious values would go round killing people willy nilly?
            Why not? Plenty of religions have instructed the killing of various people.
            "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
              Why not? Plenty of religions have instructed the killing of various people.
              No religion instructs killing of people - a political ideology may twist religion to such.

Comment

No religion instructs killing of people - a political ideology may twist religion to such.
                Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

And so on...
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

And so on...

Anybody can pull out quotes at random without studying a religion in depth. Those who pick and chose from a religion are only using it for their own whims rather than accepting the faith as a whole. There are christians and muslims who spend decades studying their religion and the texts. Those who simply pickup a book and then go and kill based on one bit of text are no different to say Hitler - Hilter is certainly no representative of Christianity, I hope you would agree.

Comment

Anybody can pull out quotes at random without studying a religion in depth. Those who pick and chose from a religion are only using it for their own whims rather than accepting the faith as a whole. There are christians and muslims who spend decades studying their religion and the texts. Those who simply pickup a book and then go and kill based on one bit of text are no different to say Hitler - Hilter is certainly no representative of Christianity, I hope you would agree.
                    Correct and this is one of the problems with religion. The leaders of the religion translate the meanings of their holy book to what they want it to mean and the masses blindly follow that like lemmings.
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      That's an (extremely shoddy) fake: for a start the Eye doesn't Photoshop their cover photos (probably because nobody there knows how to), and the font in the speech bubble is completely wrong. Here's the actual cover of that issue:

Nick, I am the last person who would accuse you of being a shooter, but someone who can changes magazines twice, halfway through, is suspicious imho
                      (\__/)
                      (>'.'<)
                      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                      X