• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So...anybody ask for any of this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    FLCs...one way to increase turnout, I suppose.
    I think this whole FLC thing is a cunning ruse to drum up some web traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      No, I didn't.

But then again I wasn't aware that

a) they were happening - which is probably my fault
      b) that the rebrand/refocus and FLCs were around the corner

So, If I had known about the election I would have just voted for Mal and v8 like I usually do (sorry Tarbs )
      Did anyone (ordinary members) know about b) ? Wasn't it presented as a fait accompli?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Did anyone (ordinary members) know about b) ? Wasn't it presented as a fait accompli?
        Exactly and so wouldn't have influenced my vote.

Hopefully by the time the elections come around we will know more.

Comment

I must admit I'm tempted to join to stand (or vote at the least) too, it's clear that the current mob need a seriously large boot out of office.

Comment

No, I didn't vote. I did visit the site as NLUK was commenting and it at the time.

Like others I didn't realise the significance of it. Shouldn't a manifesto come out before an election?
            Beer
            is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
            Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Coalman View Post
              No, I didn't vote. I did visit the site as NLUK was commenting and it at the time.

Like others I didn't realise the significance of it. Shouldn't a manifesto come out before an election?
              In this case though it came out very soon after a rebrand/repositioning where you would sensibly expect any potential new members to ask 'where is your manifesto?' and a case of 'Oh, we haven't put one together yet' may not have been a good idea.

Again arguably it did come out before an election. The next one

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Did any of you vote last time? (Serious question)

Having someone you 'know' in the candidates is the prompt most people need to actually vote.

(You can have my vote too, FaQQer, though I'm vaguely considering it myself although need to find out a bit more about what it entails)
                You can still vote for me and stand as well, you know
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  You can still vote for me and stand as well, you know
                  Which one of you is Statler and which one Waldorf.

Comment

Just to be clear, the Manifesto has been in preparation for well over a year and is based on a strategy set by a BoD (and agreed with the CC) well before that, and has always been focused on the 2015 General Election. The Rebrand was running in parallel and to a different commercial and political agenda. They are not related.

As regards CC places, personally I always vote for new people over sitting candidates and always have done. So if any of you stand you'll likely get my vote. Just be clear about what the CC is for and what it does.
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                      ... See Recommendation 2 on p18 of the document, co-authored by Ross, that is linked from the CUK article (where it is called a FLTD, and apparently modelled on a Community Interest Company)
                      That Community Interest Company page is enough to make one's hair stand on end (and I bet Philip Ross wrote it too - Anyone familiar enough with Wikipedia contributor info to check? ).

I notice the references include one to an article by another left wing crank: Davies, William (13 September 2004). "How to tame capitalism". New Statesman. Retrieved 26 April 2012

Boy, has PGC been "pwned"
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X