• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

contract prolonging tacticts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On one hand I agree there is nothing worse than having nothing to do all day but in the current market turning down money is a brave move.

Comment

Can't you get one of those polarised security screens that only allow the screen to be viewed from directly in front of it?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Go for a really big poo.

Solves many issues.

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Can't you get one of those polarised security screens that only allow the screen to be viewed from directly in front of it?
          Bit too late for that I guess

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
          The problem is the camera is behind my back facing monitors and they've proved they are looking at it
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

So I'm on this contract. Nothing to do, way ahead of everybody. Reading browsing.
            The problem is the camera is behind my back facing monitors and they've proved they are looking at it. I'm out of ideas how to stall this contract further.
            Are you really sure you want to prolong working at a place that would perform such invasive monitoring?

Personally, I'd be out of there like a bat out of hell. Jeez, do they count the number of sheets of loo-roll that you use every time you return from the toilet? Hell, does somebody have to accompany you and wipe your a$$ for you to ensure you're not using more than the regulation quantity of paper?

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
              Are you really sure you want to prolong working at a place that would perform such invasive monitoring?

Personally, I'd be out of there like a bat out of hell. Jeez, do they count the number of sheets of loo-roll that you use every time you return from the toilet? Hell, does somebody have to accompany you and wipe your a$$ for you to ensure you're not using more than the regulation quantity of paper?
              Obviously, one of diseasex's primary contract deliverables
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post

It's probably not hugely different to having your "manager" sitting somewhere behind you, where he can see your screens. However, this just seems a little unpleasant to me. It brings a whole new level to "Supervision".

What is the purpose of the camera? How does the OP know they use it to monitor him?

Unless he's on some super-secret government site, in which case he shouldn't be talking about it in an open forum, I see no reason for this intrusion. I think I'd be gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
                  It's probably not hugely different to having your "manager" sitting somewhere behind you, where he can see your screens. However, this just seems a little unpleasant to me. It brings a whole new level to "Supervision".

What is the purpose of the camera? How does the OP know they use it to monitor him?

Unless he's on some super-secret government site, in which case he shouldn't be talking about it in an open forum, I see no reason for this intrusion. I think I'd be gone.
                  Well its just monitoring. They used it, however , when they caught me leaving early (nothing to do and nice weather on that day) .
                  Having longer poo is the tactic i applied years ago. No need to teach me that haha.

Writing documentation seems another decent advice. We all know it's useless and take ages.

Writing useless CUK posts is something NLUK mastered too so need to learn that from him (all my posts are massive value)

Either way , they don't seem to care about me browsing so far so maybe i'm overreacting and "keep calm and carry on invoicing"...

Comment

Well its just monitoring. They used it, however , when they caught me leaving early (nothing to do and nice weather on that day) .
                    Having longer poo is the tactic i applied years ago. No need to teach me that haha.

Writing documentation seems another decent advice. We all know it's useless and take ages.

Writing useless CUK posts is something NLUK mastered too so need to learn that from him (all my posts are massive value)

Either way , they don't seem to care about me browsing so far so maybe i'm overreacting and "keep calm and carry on invoicing"...
                    Seriously? I would shoot through if I were you.
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

They used it, however , when they caught me leaving early
                      IR35 alert.
                      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Working...
                      X