• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My umbrella company is not sending me the drawings statement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

My accountant has asked me for the drawings statement of my last contract, so that they can calculate the most tax efficient way to retrieve funds from my business bank account.

I have been chasing my umbrella company (Procorre Finance) for many weeks now. They're normally a nightmare to deal with, but this time things are even worse. After sending me some outdated statements, they told me last week that they would send me the up to date statement yesterday... But they didn't. I have been trying to contact them since. They're just ignoring me.

My accountant says they're legally obliged to send me that document. My questions are: are they really obliged? And, if so, what can be done if they just decide not to do it?

Thank you very much

Drawings.....

Presuming you a partner and thus self-employed?
    https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

I was going to say - if you were working under a brollie company you would have been classed as an employee and as such you do not have a business account.

In order to help you more we probably need more information such as

1) Was the Umbrella Company sending you payslips showing tax and ni deductions?

for a start.

Comment

Hi. Thanks for your answers. I was working under a Limited Liability Partnership structure. This company and Barclay Carter were providing the structure

Comment

<removed>
          Last edited by cojak; 3 September 2014, 20:02. Reason: Removed
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            <removed>
            Are they? - if the same Barclaycarter then it says they are registered in UK.
            Last edited by TheDandy; 3 September 2014, 18:03.

Comment

Cannot wait until Lisa gets here
              https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Originally posted by TheDandy View Post
                Are they? - if the same Barclaycarter then it says they are registered in UK.
                I wasn't thinking of Barclaycarter, but I couldn't find Procorre Finance...
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  I wasn't thinking of Barclaycarter, but I couldn't find Procorre Finance...
                  I see. I suspect the sub text to the OPs post is 'my money is tied up in an account I can't access'......not in a straightforward manner at least. Hope I am wrong.

Comment

It would be interesting to see their website (because I could only find one Procorre and it wasn't Finance)

Comment

Working...
                    X