• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

same company different agency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

same company different agency

Hi,

I'm currently working as a HGV Class 1 lorry driver for a company.

my question is I was introduced to this company by 1 agency but started getting less and less shifts.

so I signed up for another agency and I'm getting 5 shifts a week.

Now the old agency have got wind of this and are saying I'm not aloud to work for the company through my new agency for 12 weeks.

Is this correct if so is it 12 weeks?

What does your contract say? We are nearly all IT contractors so quite different to you but I'd expect any agency contract to have handcuff clauses.

Handcuffs are there to protect an agencies revenue stream and stop you jumping ship, which it looks like you've done. Even if it's in their they will fight tooth and claw not to lose their income.

Get your contract out, look for a handcuff clause and it will explain in there what you are and aren't allowed to do.

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Equally though it seems that Agency 1 isn't the main agency for the client so I can see the problem and reason why you want to use Agency 2.

My response would be - happy to give you priority but you need to get me shifts for next week before Agency 2 gives me the nod.

merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
      X