• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Application for Security Clearance SC.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Application for Security Clearance SC.

Hi all fellow SC/DV Contractor professionals. Needing some guidance/advise, as I am going through another application for SC. For 5 years work history as a contractor, did any of you put down the Accountants for the Ltd company as self employed? Or did you put down the recruitment agency for each of the contracts whilst working self employed via the Ltd company. I closed my Ltd company down in March 2021. Please advise if possible. Any help much appreciated.

For periods when you had your own company, you were working for your client as an external director/consultant/self-employed tea-maker of that company. For those where you didn't have a company, you were a contractor for the end client or agency, whichever you prefer.

Think about what they are asking for; have you been working conventionally for the last n years or have you had periods in a rest camp in Afghanisatan? And who are they going to ask to verify that.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

On the SC application , gives the option as self employed, so unsure because I was self employed but working for the end client.

Comment

Originally posted by Chosen1 View Post
        HNeeding some guidance/advise,.
        ADVICE!
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chosen1 View Post
          On the SC application , gives the option as self employed, so unsure because I was self employed but working for the end client.
          Well you're not the first...

They will still need some sort of verification of your history, as I said. I've always worked through MyCo, but have always used the end-client name as the reference. Never had a problem.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
          X