• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where to go for contractor advice?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all, I'm new to contracting and wonder if anyone has any recommendations on who/where is best to go to for advice as I find my footing e.g. with general questions like the pros and cons of being with an agency. There are still a few unknowns for me that I'd like advice and information on from people with more experience. Is this something IPSE provides?

Thank you

Originally posted by Pippi6 View Post
    Hi all, I'm new to contracting and wonder if anyone has any recommendations on who/where is best to go to for advice as I find my footing e.g. with general questions like the pros and cons of being with an agency. There are still a few unknowns for me that I'd like advice and information on from people with more experience. Is this something IPSE provides?

Thank you
    Here. Check the sticky threads.

Ask away

Comment

Thank you
      Ask this question again in General forum - you will gets lots of advice

State in general If you actually have a contract offer or just dreaming about becoming a hard nosed contractor

Ipse will be great if you are a returning mother from maternity, who works from home with poor broadband and get paid £8 an hour

See you in general

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
        Ask this question again in General forum - you will gets lots of advice

State in general If you actually have a contract offer or just dreaming about becoming a hard nosed contractor

Ipse will be great if you are a returning mother from maternity, who works from home with poor broadband and get paid £8 an hour

See you in general

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
        Ignore this.

Stick to the relevant professional forum and you should get (usually ) some decent advice on business/contracts or accounting etc.

If you post in general, prepare for incomprehensible questions about gladiators and radiators.

Comment

Thank you
          You need to join a well moderated, quality contracting forum with many very experienced and reputable professionals that are willing to give correct, factual and timely advice where no question is a silly question.

When you find one can you come back and tell us where it is?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Thank you
            There are a lot of stickies in the professional forums and first timer guides on the CUK website. Have a scoot through those and see how you get on. Most scenarios are covered but it's not always easy to wade through a 90 page thread to get the information you need.

If you have a specific question that you can't find an answer for, then simply ask but don't ask in General

Comment

Unemployment office as that is where you will end up for daring to go against mainstream culture.
              IR35 is not an war on tax but an war on idiology and the establisment wants you back in line, working 9-5 and having the usualt performance reviews and spinning the hamsters wheel.
              If you want more money, work your way through the system to a better paying role.
              If permanent employment is not for you than contracting would not be either.

Comment

Working...
              X