• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tenure Governance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tenure Governance

The place where I contract has introduced the following:
    - all contractors are subject to a maximum tenure of 2 years
    - extensions that exceed the 2 year tenure are subject to a 5% reduction in day rate

These conditions weren't part of the initial or last contract extension that I signed.

Curious as to whether any other companies have the same conditions

Originally posted by geoffreywhereveryoumaybe View Post
    - extensions that exceed the 2 year tenure are subject to a 5% reduction in day rate

These conditions weren't part of the initial or last contract extension that I signed.

2 years is pretty common. My last 3 gigs have had 2 year clauses.

I've never seen the reduction in rate one though. Seems pointless seems they've just stated all contractors have a 2 year limit. Can't imagine why they've put this in. I've seen contractors working beyond 2 years in extreme circumstances like key projects running late so surely this is counter productive. If they are needed beyond 2 years and there is justification for it why attempt to force them out?
    Anyway 5% is nothing and isn't going to make a difference to the contractor I would have thought. After creaming it in for 2 years 5% is just a drop in the ocean.

They can't enforce them in the current contract without a change but they can certainly add them to the next one, take it or leave it. The 2 years will tick from when you started.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

If you make it to two years and they desperately want to keep you. then it's a seller's market. Ask for a 15% rate rise to cover that you can no longer claim travel and subsistence. They can take the 5% reduction out of that.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by geoffreywhereveryoumaybe View Post

Just about to go through the same. Programme is regulatory and has 12 months to go.

I only joined Programme in Jan for 3 months, then extended for another 6. Had previously done 18 months on another Programme that finished in Dec 2017.

Just waiting to find out what their intentions are.

Comment

Working...
        X