• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Member - Question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    It's a previous company, not the previous one...
    Ahhh. Right yes. Good point well made.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      It's highly likely you will be inside IR35. It can be debatable but for a couple of months it's probably just better to go brolly and forget that issue.
      Only if it's *the* previous company, not *a* previous company.

OP, get a contract with start date, duration, rate per professional working day, deliverables, etc. Get it reviewed by QDOS and get a limited company formed and an accountant. In the meantime, read up on the newbie guides on the right hand side of this forum.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        Only if it's *the* previous company, not *a* previous company.
        As was already pointed out to me in the two posts above
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          As was already pointed out to me in the two posts above
          You do need telling twice a lot of the time though chuck
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

If it looks like just a couple of months and you're really set on a permanent job in the future, so this would be a stop gap, then I'd go umbrella.

A contract being inside IR35 in itself is not a reason to turn it down. Using the Contractor Umbrella (fairly accurate) calculator £500/day for a 20 day month results in a net monthly income of £5,736.72 which may vary due to your specific tax position - granted it'll be less than non-IR35 but that's not to be sniffed at. And purely on a net pay measurement (I know there's more to it) to match this, a permie role will need to be of the order of £105k as calculated by The Salary Calculator

Comment

Working...
            X