• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have been put on company website

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have been put on company website

Hello, a first timer here
    I have recently taken on a 6 month contract with a firm in business development. I work 2 days a week.
    Recently they put me up on their website with my picture as a sales person.
    I am not comfortable with this as I feel this makes me look part of the company, a permanent employee.
    Am I right or overreacting?
    Thank you.

Leave it up for a month and the send them an invoice for use of you image on their promotional material. Sorted.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

There's usually leeway on the page for you to edit your name. Just add '(CONTRACTOR)' after your name (or wherever they let you edit).
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

How did they get a picture of you that was good enough to put on the website?

Did they not ask you permission to do so?

You had absolutely no idea this was going on so you could intervene earlier?

A lot of this is context and only you know that but I don't think the actual photo on the site is your real issue. It's the fact they put it up with asking you and deem you an enduring resource to want to use you as a contact/selling point. If I were you I'd be looking at my relationship with my client and asking myself if I am now part and parcel and looking at a host of other IR35 issues around it.

How much do you know about IR35 and how seriously do you take it? There is not much to go on but I'd take a guess you haven't really got in to the details of it?
        Last edited by northernladuk; 4 August 2016, 11:06.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Security pass?
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Possibly an ID card photo?
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

OK, you two must have worked in posher places than me. All my photo IDs have been taken by the security guy on the first day and are bearly recognisable let alone usable on a website.

Comment

OK, you two must have worked in posher places than me. All my photo IDs have been taken by the security guy on the first day and are bearly recognisable let alone usable on a website.
                LOL, thought that was taken as given .
                May not come out clear on the card, doesn't mean the photo is not if good quailty.
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Given you can still recognise a donkey's danglers, you shouldn't be surprised at the power of Photoshop and modern cameras
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

The clients I've worked for in the past 3 years always ask their staff if they can use their photos for external purposes e.g. the company website. Part of the reason for this is not only common courtesy but your image is your data under the Data Protection Act 1998. So if the OP hasn't explicitly said their image can go on the website I would tell the company to remove it - you can make up any reason you like for the removal and if they refuse to contact the ICO
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X