• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hey guys!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys!

Just thought I'd say hi to everyone and to introduce myself.

I'm from Belgium and I moved in London about two years ago. I'm a (yet another) IT contractor, working in Web dev (using JavaScript) and I'm really excited about exchanging ideas about contracting in general.

Thanks for reading!

Originally posted by Karbim View Post
    Just thought I'd say hi to everyone and to introduce myself.

I'm from Belgium and I moved in London about two years ago. I'm a (yet another) IT contractor, working in Web dev (using JavaScript) and I'm really excited about exchanging ideas about contracting in general.

Thanks for reading!
    Welcome!
    Feel free to get posting in General loads of good advice there
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Well, I've started contracting before finishing my studies and I've never been an employee (and will probably never be) so I've got some strong opinions on that one !

So, yes, I'll try to be as useful as possible . On the other side, I'm trying to find a direct contract so I'll use the search function as I guess this topic has been covered many times.

Comment

Well, I've started contracting before finishing my studies and I've never been an employee (and will probably never be) so I've got some strong opinions on that one !

So, yes, I'll try to be as useful as possible . On the other side, I'm trying to find a direct contract so I'll use the search function as I guess this topic has been covered many times.
        Have you had any contracts so far?
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I should have mentioned that I've finished my studies too!

I've got a few contracting gigs before I finished, and afterwards too (both in Brussels and London).

Comment

I've got some strong opinions on that as well.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I should have mentioned that I've finished my studies too!

I've got a few contracting gigs before I finished, and afterwards too (both in Brussels and London).
              So now you should visit the IPSE website _ www.ipse.co.uk _ and have a good look around...
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                So now you should visit the IPSE website _ www.ipse.co.uk _ and have a good look around...
                ..and see what a total waste of an acronym IPSE is for UK IT Contractors........

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  I've got some strong opinions on that as well.
                  Well, I suppose I'm starting to doubt about it too

Maybe if I say I have startup experience as a (multiple times failed) CTO that would count as a good point? Or maybe it'll make the whole story look even worse !

Comment

You've nothing to sell the client. All you are is a employee on a different remuneration model.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X