• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Compusource, anyone?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Safe Collections View Post
    Mark Ridgeon would appear to be linked to a number of different entities over the years, you can see as much on his DueDil entry here.

Can we ask if anyone has yet formally attempted to report a crime in relation to this company?
    I've made an enquiry to the fraud squad online but have yet to make a formal complaint as not entirely sure what law has been broken. I know they took my wages at the start of last month with no intention of paying me but until last week they were continuing to stall me and Compusource is still an active company.

HMRC is currently looking into my tax situation as Compusource failed to register my income and pay my taxes.

Comment

I spoke to the police this morning and passed on all the information I have on Ridgeon so hopefully we'll see some progress there.

Comment

Originally posted by Contractor910 View Post
        I spoke to the police this morning and passed on all the information I have on Ridgeon so hopefully we'll see some progress there.
        Be sure to mention that you know of many others in the same situation (if you haven't already) In our experience the police will be reluctant to investigate company fraud of any type, unless a clear pattern can be illustrated.

Please do keep us updated.
        The only debt collection & credit control company recommended by Contractor UK.

Read our articles on ContractorUK here and get in touch here.

Comment

We have just spoken to a contractor who told us he had an arrangement with an agency, with compusource acting as a payroll company.

This contractor confirmed that as of the start of this month the bank accounts were still active, as his agency paid them £11k

Is it safe to assume no poster to this thread has received any payment since mid May?

Comment

DueDil shows Compusource as non trading but it also shows it as part of a group structure with Paramount Properties Excelium showing as still trading but with NBV of -20k
            Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
              DueDil shows Compusource as non trading but it also shows it as part of a group structure with Paramount Properties Excelium showing as still trading but with NBV of -20k
              As far as we can tell it appears to have been listed as a non-trading company for some time.

We suspect that unless the company is formally wound up and an insolvency practitioner put in that we may never know exactly what was going on here...

Edit: If you haven't yet thought about contacting the Police in this matter, it might be worth ringing Action Fraud to see if they can help first.
              Last edited by Safe Collections; 18 June 2014, 11:34.

Comment

As far as we can tell it appears to have been listed as a non-trading company for some time.

We suspect that unless the company is formally wound up and an insolvency practitioner put in that we may never know exactly what was going on here...

Edit: If you haven't yet thought about contacting the Police in this matter, it might be worth ringing Action Fraud to see if they can help first.
                Can you figure out what the link is to the properties company? Surely there could be some sort of transferable liability?

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
                  Can you figure out what the link is to the properties company? Surely there could be some sort of transferable liability?
                  OK so Compusource Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of a company called Paramount Properties (U.K.) Ltd, this company owns the single £1 share issued.

Paramount Properties (U.K.) Ltd has one director, a Mr Neil Stuart Cohen. Mr Cohen has five other directorships one of those is called Paramount Company Formations Ltd.

Paramount Company Formations Ltd is, as the name suggests, a business that charges a fee to set up a limited liability company. You can see more on the website here Paramount Company Formations | We Guarantee Quick, Efficient, Expert Advice

On of the services provided by Paramount Company Formations Ltd is that of a Nominee Shareholder. So for a nominal £99.00 fee it appears on Companies House records that it is a subsidiary of this company, when in fact it is not as the page here explains

Our nominee shareholder service offer is structured to keep your personal
                  information off the public record while ensuring full legality.

Therefore only by using our nominee shareholder service can your anonymity and confidentiality be ensured.

A specific contract will be put in place to confirm that the shares are held in trust on behalf of you the beneficiary.
                  So we have a non-trading company, with at least one nominee director (now ex-director) and nominee shareholder.

Whomever set up compusource certainly went to great lengths to keep their identity a secret. Edit to add: In a perfectly legal way of course...
                  Last edited by Safe Collections; 18 June 2014, 14:32.

Comment

Ah yes, the ex-Director. (I've just noticed your amendment SC )
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

OK so Compusource Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of a company called Paramount Properties (U.K.) Ltd, this company owns the single £1 share issued.

Paramount Properties (U.K.) Ltd has one director, a Mr Neil Stuart Cohen. Mr Cohen has five other directorships one of those is called Paramount Company Formations Ltd.

Paramount Company Formations Ltd is, as the name suggests, a business that charges a fee to set up a limited liability company. You can see more on the website here Paramount Company Formations | We Guarantee Quick, Efficient, Expert Advice

On of the services provided by Paramount Company Formations Ltd is that of a Nominee Shareholder. So for a nominal £99.00 fee it appears on Companies House records that it is a subsidiary of this company, when in fact it is not as the page here explains

So we have a non-trading company, with at least one nominee director (now ex-director) and nominee shareholder.

Whomever set up compusource certainly went to great lengths to keep their identity a secret. Edit to add: In a perfectly legal way of course...
                      Thanks for the info SC - makes me sick the lengths some people will go to to cover their own backsides while ripping off their customers Companies like this really give brollies a bad name - I just hope he gets his just deserts

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                      X