• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Resign from Umbrella

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
    no the reason given for not paying was the back dating issue and due to the swedish contract there was a limit to how much they could process every week the brolly told me during the contract that I would get the money back at the end, and that is how they normally do things.
    As I said, if you were not employed by them they would not have been able to process previously incurred expenses. If you only intended to have one assignment with them you would not have been entitled to claim travel and subsistence expenses as your workplace would be considered by HMRC to be permanent. The umbrella company should not have been deducting money from you to cover their obligations under a Swedish Derogation contract - can you confirm if these deductions have now been paid back to you?
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

The back dating was not from another contract/agency/umbrella it was from them. They didn't process any expenses from the start of the contract, then wouldn't back date.

I did intend to have other contracts thru them as the agency has plenty of work, but after bringing home just over 50% of my earnings every week I just can't afford to, especially as that contract was at a lower than normal rate, but as it was for only for 3 months I foolishly took it as my original contract had been put back.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
        The back dating was not from another contract/agency/umbrella it was from them. They didn't process any expenses from the start of the contract, then wouldn't back date.

I did intend to have other contracts thru them as the agency has plenty of work, but after bringing home just over 50% of my earnings every week I just can't afford to, especially as that contract was at a lower than normal rate, but as it was for only for 3 months I foolishly took it as my original contract had been put back.
        What tax code was used? If your rate was lower than normal I cannot really see how you could have had such a low take home.

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

I have no idea what tax code they used, they didn't use the P45 I offered, the rate was lower than normal, but the expenses higher so I was expecting to bring home less but not nearly half.

Comment

The tax code used and tax paid will be on your payslip.

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
              The tax code used and tax paid will be on your payslip.
              Someone isn't cut out of the this being employed malarkey.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Someone isn't cut out of the this being employed malarkey.
                That's a new one for you NLUK

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                X