• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Resign from Umbrella

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so flippin brolly is now arguing about the start date of my contract

they are a total joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
      so flippin brolly is now arguing about the start date of my contract

they are a total joke.
      Arguing with whom? The start date of the business to business contract will be dictated by the agency/end client or do you mean your employment contract?
      Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Having completed a p87 on the instruction of the brolly to claim my expenses, I received not a cheque as they stated, but a Long questionnaire, as a lot of the questions needed their input I forwarded to them to complete.

Firstly they spelt my name wrong, then They changed my sex, then they changed my name completely, then they put the wrong start date for the contract, I cannot believe they are allowed to operate, nor that people choose to use them!

This has been going on since june

Comment

Having completed a p87 on the instruction of the brolly to claim my expenses, I received not a cheque as they stated, but a Long questionnaire, as a lot of the questions needed their input I forwarded to them to complete.

Firstly they spelt my name wrong, then They changed my sex, then they changed my name completely, then they put the wrong start date for the contract, I cannot believe they are allowed to operate, nor that people choose to use them!

This has been going on since june
          It does sound as though you have had a difficult time with your current umbrella company - maybe another firm would be better for you? Personal service and professionalism are very important when someone else is dealing with your money aren't they?

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

they are not my current umbrella and will never be, I went for an interview in june and was offered the job on the spot with a start the following day. I foolishly accepted, the agency then said this brolly or nothing, I checked the online calculator and it seemed ok, so I went ahead, Big Mistake! one I will not make again. I am now in another contract with my former umbrella.

Comment

they are not my current umbrella and will never be, I went for an interview in june and was offered the job on the spot with a start the following day. I foolishly accepted, the agency then said this brolly or nothing, I checked the online calculator and it seemed ok, so I went ahead, Big Mistake! one I will not make again. I am now in another contract with my former umbrella.
              As you have used the present tense throughout the entirety of the thread and were ranting about their performance somewhat vociferously I rather assumed that your issue was current - my mistake.

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

right the saga continues the HMRC have rejected the claim. where do I go for assistance?

and can I take action against the brolly?

Comment

right the saga continues the HMRC have rejected the claim. where do I go for assistance?

and can I take action against the brolly?
                  Not really - if the claim hasn't been allowed by HMRC then the umbrella company were correct not to process it

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

If you only had one place of work during your employment, then you won't be able to claim travel and subsistence expenses. You can only claim those if you are travelling to a temporary workplace, which you weren't.

Would that explain why you didn't get them paid?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

no the reason given for not paying was the back dating issue and due to the swedish contract there was a limit to how much they could process every week the brolly told me during the contract that I would get the money back at the end, and that is how they normally do things.

Comment

Working...
                      X