• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Missing week data

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing week data

Hi,

I just got paid for the first time by PayStream. Money is as expected but the problem is that neither the payment slip nor the Umbrella portal shows me what weeks I am being paid for. This is what I get:

Click image for larger version

Name:	signal-2023-04-12-211304_002.png
Views:	418
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	4259769
    Those are the 5 weeks in March I worked for my client. I asked them how I am supposed to know which weeks this payment is for. They said they can't tell me that since the agency sends one monthly payment they can't break it down. However this seems incorrect since they got 5 rows from the agency and clearly each week has different days worked. All I want is to know the week commencing for each of those rows. Is it unreasonable to know what weeks I am being paid for? How do other people handle this?

Thanks

Solution : Week 1 book 6 days, week 2, book 7 days and so on. They'll quickly contact you and discuss what weeks you're getting paid for. Sorted.

Just sounds like a disconnect between the agency that usually works in week cycles and the umbrella which deals with monthly wages. Bearing in mind you are contracted to the Umbrella who is on a monthly cycle surely that's all you are bothered about?

Must admit as long as the days tot up I don't think I'd be overly bothered.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 12 April 2023, 21:25.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Do you fill in a weekly timesheet with paystream? It sounds like they received a bunch of money that matched day rate x n days for the period ending 31 March so their system just allocates the same date, even though I agree it shouldn't be hard to put the week beginning/ending date in each field.

If they were to receive money that was day rate x n-2 days then I would expect there to be conversations with the agency to confirm which days were not being paid as you'd want to know why.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLantern22 View Post
        Those are the 5 weeks in March I worked for my client. I asked them how I am supposed to know which weeks this payment is for. They said they can't tell me that since the agency sends one monthly payment they can't break it down. However this seems incorrect since they got 5 rows from the agency and clearly each week has different days worked. All I want is to know the week commencing for each of those rows. Is it unreasonable to know what weeks I am being paid for? How do other people handle this?
        I am assuming the agency is self bill, so they upload your data? If that is the case the remittance they receive should have the breakdown on - so might be worth asking to see it.

Comment

Ask PayStream for a copy of their 4-4-5 schedule for 2023 ? I recall that they sent that to me as part of the setup process

Comment

Working...
          X