• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recommended Umbrella for a 12 month contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommended Umbrella for a 12 month contract

Hi All, Sorry if this has been asked a million times before but I couldn't see a thread on it.
    I've just got a new job through an agency and I've been told to use an umbrella company to get the best rate possible.
    I've been looking at nasa, orange genie, exact payroll, brookson, giant and danbro but when I read the reviews online a lot of people had terrible experiences with most of these, could any confirm if this is true with these or have any better recommendations? I should be mainly on-site and I don't think I will have many (if any) expenses to claim.

anythings appreciated cheers!

Reviews aren’t everything as most people will only write reviews when things go wrong.

from that list I don’t know anyone using NASA who have had unfixed problems so go for them.

exact payroll - we’ve seen problems recently,
    giant had problems last year
    brookson are just too expensive
    orange genie and danbro we haven’t seen many comments for…
    Last edited by eek; 11 August 2022, 06:39.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Personally I have used Paystream and Contractor Umbrella in the last two years. No issues with either. I have heard that Clarity Umbrella is highly rated. lucyclarityumbrella is a member of the forum. and can maybe assist.
      SUFTUM

May life give you what you need, rather than what you want....

Comment

Thanks Netraider always appreciated.

Comment

I’ve also been using Clarity since April and would recommend.

Comment

I've used Giant in the past (>12 years ago though!) and never had any issues. I second Abbot's recommendation of Clarity. Been using them for the past couple of years - good service :-)
            If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Clarity looks good thanks for the recommendation!

Comment

Originally posted by Ap12 View Post
                Clarity looks good thanks for the recommendation!
                Yep - if you are allowed to use any Umbrella Clarity would be the one to go to...
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I've just got a new job through an agency and I've been told to use an umbrella company to get the best rate possible.
                  I've been looking at nasa, orange genie, exact payroll, brookson, giant and danbros!
                  Of the list you have mentioned, Nasa and Danbro have caused the least problems based on what I've heard from contractors I know and of the list we have, after 2 yrs the majority seem to have migrated to one of these two (the third most popular seems to be Paystream)

Do you want to do salary sacrifice? The thing with Danbro is that if you want to use salary sacrifice, you have to pay into their pension provider before it is transferred to yours. Some pension providers don't allow such a transfer.

Comment

You haven't got a new job, you've got a new contract. It's important to understand this properly.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X