• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Protek Pay- anyone have experience with them? (First- time contractor here).

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protek Pay- anyone have experience with them? (First- time contractor here).

Hi all. Considering a first move into contracting and secured a contract which I would be interested in (only accepted verbally for now). The recruitment agency that I am using has said I have to use an umbrella company called "Protek Pay" but have not been able to find any reviews on this company, much information about them (they have a basic website etc). Just wondering if anyone has any experience with them and how have they found them? I have planned to have an initial call with them this week -anything key that I should ask? Thank you in advance

Keep looking for another contract because the only reason I recognise Protek Pay is from rumours elsewhere..

What agency is it so we know who to avoid wasting time with in the future...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Keep looking for another contract because the only reason I recognise Protek Pay is from rumours elsewhere..

What agency is it so we know who to avoid wasting time with in the future...
      Could I take a guess at the agency being Forbes HS&S, Comrisk, Global Resourcing or TBOS?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Could I take a guess at the agency being Forbes HS&S, Comrisk, Global Resourcing or TBOS?
        Well it doesn't really matter - but if you are paying for a service (i.e. an umbrella company) you should have a choice in who you work through or you shouldn't be paying for the service (as it should be a PEO type deal where the agency is paying the "umbrella" fees).

TBOS are backend agency support - any agency using them would be better of heading to Sonovate....
        Last edited by eek; 4 August 2022, 12:53.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

This Protek Pay?

https://www.protekpay.co.uk/

The ICO registration number they quote in their privacy policy doesn't return a result so you can't validate that they are properly registered.

Their registered office is at the same address as TBOS and have existed since Jan 2021.

Although they don't state their company registration number, it's 13162874

Comment

Working...
          X