• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Salary Sacrificing more than 40K

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salary Sacrificing more than 40K

After 6 years away from contracting, I may be about to start a new contract, so I am definitely out of touch with contracting, especially inside IR35.

If the new contract is inside IR35, I would want to maximise my pension contributions via salary sacrifice. Given that I haven't maxed out previous years' pension contributions, I am looking for recommendations for an umbrella company that will allow a salary sacrifice of more than £40K per annum.

Anyone have any contenders?
    TIA

Originally posted by fidot View Post
    After 6 years away from contracting, I may be about to start a new contract, so I am definitely out of touch with contracting, especially inside IR35.

If the new contract is inside IR35, I would want to maximise my pension contributions via salary sacrifice. Given that I haven't maxed out previous years' pension contributions, I am looking for recommendations for an umbrella company that will allow a salary sacrifice of more than £40K per annum.

TIA
    Go to choice on here nowadays is Clarity which I can confirm does provide that option

Should add that a lot of bigger umbrellas won't for various reasons..

* Link add because there are 2 umbrellas called Clarity and that's ignoring the cloned variation.
    Last edited by eek; 12 July 2022, 11:31.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Just understand that if you go over the £40k and there are any tax implications then HMRC will come after you for any taxes owed on it.

Comment

Originally posted by fidot View Post

TIA
        Paystream allowed this for me.

Comment

Originally posted by lucyclarityumbrella View Post
          Just understand that if you go over the £40k and there are any tax implications then HMRC will come after you for any taxes owed on it.
          Thanks for the warning. I do have capacity from previous years as stated in original post
          Given that I haven't maxed out previous years' pension contributions,

Comment

Working...
          X