• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to go about choosing an umbrella company?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stit View Post
    [/LIST][*]go via the umbrella. Try for a month or two.
    1. Carry on with the umbrella
    2. Or, open an Ltd and switch from umbrella.
    [/LIST]Appreciate your time and support as always.
    This for me. That's what I did and many others on here. Yes it's not as efficient but in the long run the difference is peanuts and you've got options as your career progresses.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      . Yes it's not as efficient but in the long run the difference is peanuts and you've got options as your career progresses.
      I think the difference is significant (monthly about 2k !!) because Ltd is tax efficient.

Comment

I think the difference is significant (monthly about 2k !!) because Ltd is tax efficient.
        Only if the contract is actually outside IR35 which given the information you have given us doesn't sound like the case.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Only if the contract is actually outside IR35 which given the information you have given us doesn't sound like the case.
          How can we verify if it is really inside or outside? Can the recruiter or company really say it is outside if it is actually inside? Are they not worried about legal implications of this to them?

Comment

How can we verify if it is really inside or outside? Can the recruiter or company really say it is outside if it is actually inside? Are they not worried about legal implications of this to them?
            They probably should be worried but, on the other hand, they might not be if there are contract clauses that flow down and seek to transfer liability, because they may work.

Again, as I suggested earlier, you should read this thread (if you'd read it, you wouldn't have had that question):

https://forums.contractoruk.com/acco...contracts.html

Comment

Working...
            X