• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parasol Umbrella seem to have disappeared today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing from Parasol over the last few days. Payments still unpaid. It's been nearly three weeks now.

Comment

Got an phone call and email from my agency today saying that due to all the problems caused by Parasol and numerous complaints from the agency's contractors they are terminating their relationship with Parasol effective 18 Feb. All timesheets up to 18 Feb will be paid by Parasol, and anything after that with a different umbrella (which i won't name). Meetings are being scheduled with each contractor and the new umbrella over the next week to sort out the on-boarding etc.
      I wouldn't be surprised if there is more to come of this from other agencies.

Comment

Originally posted by pacontracting View Post
        Nothing from Parasol over the last few days. Payments still unpaid. It's been nearly three weeks now.
        I feel sorry for you. Am with Hays and been paid fully since I do my timesheets on Hays portal only. They then invoice Parasol with full Invoice tracking..

Comment

Originally posted by gizzmo View Post
          Got an phone call and email from my agency today saying that due to all the problems caused by Parasol and numerous complaints from the agency's contractors they are terminating their relationship with Parasol effective 18 Feb. All timesheets up to 18 Feb will be paid by Parasol, and anything after that with a different umbrella (which i won't name). Meetings are being scheduled with each contractor and the new umbrella over the next week to sort out the on-boarding etc.
          But, does that not mean you have to Resign from Parasol first via their link which shows the below:.....
          • We're sorry but we're unable to accept your resignation because our records show that you still have a live assignment.

If you would like to leave Parasol, please ask your agency or client to amend the end date of your assignment on their paperwork and send it through to us. Then check back here to complete your resignation and we'll send you your P45.

So be aware of this..

Comment

Pretty sure most of their workers will have either left by now or be moving in the next week or so. This is only the beginning of their problems, can't see them surviving if anything like the estimated 3/4 of their clients have already gone.

Comment

Originally posted by 1ne0fFU View Post

But, does that not mean you have to Resign from Parasol first via their link which shows the below:.....
              • We're sorry but we're unable to accept your resignation because our records show that you still have a live assignment.

If you would like to leave Parasol, please ask your agency or client to amend the end date of your assignment on their paperwork and send it through to us. Then check back here to complete your resignation and we'll send you your P45.

So be aware of this..

Thanks - yes i was wondering how it would work with P45 etc so I have started jotting down questions for my meeting next week with the agency and the new umbrella. Thanks for making me aware though - anything else I should be aware of as well?

Comment

Thanks - yes i was wondering how it would work with P45 etc so I have started jotting down questions for my meeting next week with the agency and the new umbrella. Thanks for making me aware though - anything else I should be aware of as well?
                I suspect that it’s - once an agency says the contract has finished there is nothing left to enforce so by picking a date in the future there is nothing for parasol to argue over ( it’s a nit strange that every contract ends on Feb 18th but hard to proof it isn’t true).

Thought that would be the case - what agency and new umbrella are you with (happy to here via pm) as I suspect they are swallowing a lot of lost commission / rebate unless the new umbrella is paying similar?
                Last edited by eek; 29 January 2022, 00:08.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by 1ne0fFU View Post

I feel sorry for you. Am with Hays and been paid fully since I do my timesheets on Hays portal only. They then invoice Parasol with full Invoice tracking..
                  Yes, I have a few colleagues who are with Hayes / Parasol and they've been paid fully etc but they put their timesheets in weekly. Mine are monthly with a smaller outfit. Hopefully Parasol keeps the relationship with the larger agents, allowing us smaller fry to get paid and move on. Problem is, in an unregulated industry, it's out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Comment

This will be a massive ball ache of paperwork for all involved.

Comment

Originally posted by pacontracting View Post

Yes, I have a few colleagues who are with Hayes / Parasol and they've been paid fully etc but they put their timesheets in weekly. Mine are monthly with a smaller outfit. Hopefully Parasol keeps the relationship with the larger agents, allowing us smaller fry to get paid and move on. Problem is, in an unregulated industry, it's out of the frying pan, into the fire.
                      Regulation won't fix anything - it just looks good compared to the current mess.
                      Last edited by eek; 29 January 2022, 17:24.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X