• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrella.....paid in Euros

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umbrella.....paid in Euros

I have just verbally agreed a contract for a work from home contract. Its for a Finnish company, via an agency, and to be paid in Euro.
    Do UK Umbrellas generally accept Euro currency contracts. Thanks.

Originally posted by Tonto99 View Post
    I have just verbally agreed a contract for a work from home contract. Its for a Finnish company, via an agency, and to be paid in Euro.
    Clarity will - so speak to Lucy https://clarityumbrella.co.uk/

A lot of others won't as it's a faff too far for them.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Hi Tonto99

Yes, many are capable of handling this. You'll just have to call around and ask, or see if the agency has a preferred supplier list.

Thanks

Zeeshan
      Dolan Accountancy

Contractor Umbrella

01442 795 100

Comment

Why are you introducing a UK Umbrella into this Chain? - makes no sence

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post

Why are you introducing a UK Umbrella into this Chain? - makes no sence
          Fully remote contract while sat in the UK and you don't want to create a limited company?

Comment

I am of a certain age so easier just to get the bulk of the money paid into a pension.....salary sacrifice.
            No self-assesment, very little tax and NI. Less hassle.

Comment

Its for a Finnish company, via an agency, and to be paid in Euro. Do UK Umbrellas generally accept Euro currency contracts. Thanks.
              Yes we can, the complexities come if the agency is UK based. Again it's fine but the invoice would be raised in Euro's with VAT added, this has to be converted when we receive the funds, so be aware that your day rate will change based on that conversion and the FX rate. But yes it is possible

Comment

Originally posted by lucyclarityumbrella View Post
                Yes we can, the complexities come if the agency is UK based. Again it's fine but the invoice would be raised in Euro's with VAT added, this has to be converted when we receive the funds, so be aware that your day rate will change based on that conversion and the FX rate. But yes it is possible
                How is the exchange rate though? will it be a competitive one? if you are using a high street bank then one should expect a 2% fee at least.

Comment

Originally posted by passerby View Post

How is the exchange rate though? will it be a competitive one? if you are using a high street bank then one should expect a 2% fee at least.
                  What century do you live in? wise has removed a lot of the margin that used to exist.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

What century do you live in? wise has removed a lot of the margin that used to exist.
                    My question was directed to Clarity Umbrella. Do you think they use Wise?

By the way, there are cheaper alternatives to Wise, wake up!

Comment

Working...
                    X