• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrella Contract Reviews

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umbrella Contract Reviews

My client has decided to ban all PSCs from April 2021 so I am looking at working through an umbrella. I have seen the contracts between umbrella and agency that quote chapter 8 legislation when chapter 10 is actually relevant. I'm concerned because I seem to know more about it than they do. The umbrella I am referring to is FCSA accredited and the agency is well-known with a global reach - so I would expect a better level of competence. I am looking for a service that will independently review my employment contract and the contract between the umbrella and agency for compliance. Does anybody know of a service that provides that?

Why are you bothered - you will merely be an employee of the umbrella with a day rate of £x a day.

You turn up and your employer (the umbrella company) has to pay you.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by H655170 View Post
      My client has decided to ban all PSCs from April 2021 so I am looking at working through an umbrella. I have seen the contracts between umbrella and agency that quote chapter 8 legislation when chapter 10 is actually relevant. I'm concerned because I seem to know more about it than they do. The umbrella I am referring to is FCSA accredited and the agency is well-known with a global reach - so I would expect a better level of competence. I am looking for a service that will independently review my employment contract and the contract between the umbrella and agency for compliance. Does anybody know of a service that provides that?
      The Umbrella will have a standard employee contract they won't change just for you so pointless getting it reviewed, and the umbrella/Agency is none of your business so again pointless - Sit back and relax and look forward to 53% of your current gross rate coming into your personal bank account each month.

Comment

Update* I challenged the contract and after going round in circles, both the umbrella and the agency changed the contract so it now refers to the correct legislation. There are things to learn from this:

1) Challenging works (doesn't change the situation but at least I know the contract is legal now)
        2) Non compliance is a problem even for those organisations that trade on their reputation

Comment

Originally posted by H655170 View Post
          Update* I challenged the contract and after going round in circles, both the umbrella and the agency changed the contract so it now refers to the correct legislation. There are things to learn from this:

1) Challenging works (doesn't change the situation but at least I know the contract is legal now)
          2) Non compliance is a problem even for those organisations that trade on their reputation
          But what good did all that really do? What difference would it have made if you'd carried on on the old contract? Challenging works how? Nothing seems to have changed?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X