• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrella Expenses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umbrella Expenses

Using this link as an example: https://www.paystream.co.uk/helphub/...you-can-claim/

I see that even under SDC, you can claim some expenses via umbrella.

If a client asks you to use your own computer and phone to make international business calls...How does this work in practice with respect to expenses? How would it be calculated?

I couldn't find much up-to-date information online which explains this clearly.
    Last edited by sira; 28 February 2021, 12:19.

Ask them - as unless the employer is reimbursing those expenses I really can't see how it would work...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

guessing it is not direct from the umbrella and is in fact via self assessment at the end of the year, with you proving you are not under SDC.

Comment

Working...
      X