• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where to turn with Umbrella issues?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably worth saying (but I need to work out where) - don't wait for your P45 before processing your first timesheet.

Income tax and be sorted out over time but National insurance uses very short time periods and can't be fixed retrospectively.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by lucyclarityumbrella View Post
      Glad you've sorted it
      Thank you. ?

Have to say I don't know how you do it. One payslip stumped me and left me scratching my head for days. ?

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Probably worth saying (but I need to work out where) - don't wait for your P45 before processing your first timesheet.

Income tax and be sorted out over time but National insurance uses very short time periods and can't be fixed retrospectively.
        Lesson learned! That was definitely a mistake. ??

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisTruby View Post

Lesson learned! That was definitely a mistake. ??
          Look at it this way - you've made a mistake and discussed it so hopefully others avoid it.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisTruby View Post
            I know I'm very wary of umbrella companies after running my own Ltd for 20 years but for me the way things are there are a lot more options workwise using an umbrella right now.
            So you are saying you know umbrellas are dodgy and will try pull their customers pants down so you are wary going with a different one?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

So you are saying you know umbrellas are dodgy and will try pull their customers pants down so you are wary going with a different one?
              Bit of creative licence taken there.

More I did research. Picked one that the agency would allow me to use as they were FCSA approved but am monitoring them to make sure my decision was OK or if it was a mistake. ​​​​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
              X