• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrella going into Administration-Liquidation

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Just to repeat, any website promising you 75% return on your inside IR35 contract through the use of ‘imaginative’ fund management are LYING!!

They will take you cash and leave you to deal with HMRC for the tax the scumbags didn’t pass on.
    Hi cojak,

Thank you for the clarification. It sounded to good to be true anyway. I will not be using them.

Kalyan.
    Last edited by kalyan; 14 February 2022, 09:20.

Comment

Hi sorry if this isn’t allowed but I’m new to agency and umbrella services .
      to cut a long story short , I’ve been offered a position but struggling with an umbrella service .
      when I was offered the position I went via the net and Googled services and came across umbrella search which came back to me with a few agencies . However none were the one which the actually agency suggested . The main ones recommended were adeptpay, goldfish, honest, umbrella zone and optimal pay . I’ve tried looking into these but it’s a minefield . As anyone actually heard of any of these ?
      they all seem to differ in what they can offer with the most being 71% take home which is about 60/70 pound per week more than each other .
      I don’t know what to believe . All have given quotes over the phone with breakdowns . Some have emailed these over others havent . I’m just so confused

Comment

Originally posted by nicb1 View Post
        Hi sorry if this isn’t allowed but I’m new to agency and umbrella services .
        to cut a long story short , I’ve been offered a position but struggling with an umbrella service .
        when I was offered the position I went via the net and Googled services and came across umbrella search which came back to me with a few agencies . However none were the one which the actually agency suggested . The main ones recommended were adeptpay, goldfish, honest, umbrella zone and optimal pay . I’ve tried looking into these but it’s a minefield . As anyone actually heard of any of these ?
        they all seem to differ in what they can offer with the most being 71% take home which is about 60/70 pound per week more than each other .
        I don’t know what to believe . All have given quotes over the phone with breakdowns . Some have emailed these over others havent . I’m just so confused
        This is a strange thread to post your question in but let’s be clear

the firms that can afford to advertise are usually tax avoidance schemes that will just leave you in pain. Yep your take home pay will look like £70 more but they will be stealing money from you and HMRC that HMRC will ask you to repay later quite possible with fines on top.

if you want a trustworthy umbrella look Clarity Umbrella (who post on here) or at any of the ones Saferec audit.

And remember that the only difference between the amount a legitimate umbrella firm will pay you will be a £1 or £3 based on the margin they deduct.
        Last edited by eek; 22 June 2023, 07:31.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by nicb1 View Post
          The main ones recommended were adeptpay, goldfish, honest, umbrella zone and optimal pay . I’ve tried looking into these but it’s a minefield . As anyone actually heard of any of these ?
          I'd do a quick companies house search - adept pay was only incorporated this month!

Comment

Working...
          X