• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrella Coy for New Assignment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umbrella Coy for New Assignment

Dear all,

I've started a new assignment with a local authority and instead of going PAYE I'll like to go Umbrella.

I've narrowed down to these 3 and will appreciate your opinions please.
    The PAYE rate is £33.50/hr plus holiday pay, or £40/hr Umbrella Company.

https://www.contractorumbrella.com/
    Lead Umbrella
    Umbrella Company- Payroll Service for Contractors and Freelancers| Reliasys

I'm a novice at this as I've always been permanent.

Many thanks.

Why is Lead in your list? Just look at the wealth of information on the other two sites and then compare it to Lead who have absolutely none? What is it about their offering that has attracted you?

Either way it's ContractorUmbrella all the way. I was with them for awhile and had zero problems. They've spent a lot of time posting on here in the past although they've changed considerably since. Still same group backing them up though.

Never head of Reliasys.

Will they allow you to pick your umbrella though? Many of the PS gigs only work with a set list of companies and Contractor Umbrella isn't usually one of them.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Will they allow you to pick your umbrella though? Many of the PS gigs only work with a set list of companies
      This was my thought. Makes the big corporate's life easier if they get all their contractors going through 1 or 2 big umbrella orgs, rather than each contractor choosing their own.

Comment

I can also vouch for Contractor Umbrella.
        Used them up until March of this year. Never had any problems and always very prompt when replying to emails.

Comment

Hi Delectable, if you need any advice let me know and I will help.

Comment

Thanks guys.
            I've been recommended Walker Smith and will appreciate your comments on this.

https://walkersmithglobal.com/contra...rtal-guidance/

Lead was recommended by Compare Umbrella Companies | Contractor Supermarket

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Why is Lead in your list? Just look at the wealth of information on the other two sites and then compare it to Lead who have absolutely none? What is it about their offering that has attracted you?

Either way it's ContractorUmbrella all the way. I was with them for awhile and had zero problems. They've spent a lot of time posting on here in the past although they've changed considerably since. Still same group backing them up though.

Never head of Reliasys.

Will they allow you to pick your umbrella though? Many of the PS gigs only work with a set list of companies and Contractor Umbrella isn't usually one of them.
              Still waiting to hear back from Contractor Umbrella and also the agency if they're happy with the ones I'm considering. Many thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X