• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Name that umbrella offering 80%+ take home?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name that umbrella offering 80%+ take home?

No I won't.

This morning however, chasing an ad that appeared on Linkedin, this is what I was told I could retain via a combination of salary and loans.

This was apparently compliant and legal and HMRC was aware of it.

Also the wording was careful to say that it used an FCSA approved insurance.

Have checked.

Not FCSA approved - just using the name.

Not compliant.

HMRC was not aware of it.

The umbrella claimed 15 years of exprience, despite having been incorporated about 3 months ago and seems to be a small group of people who fell out of an umbrella that fell apart in the summer.

Check carefully.
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

I have lost sympathy with anyone using any avoidance scheme since 2008. The writing was clearly on the wall then.

Comment

Originally posted by GammaMadrid View Post
      I have lost sympathy with anyone using any avoidance scheme since 2008. The writing was clearly on the wall then.
      Agencies should have a duty of care but that involves having a conscience.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

And in 2020 this is just going to get worse!!!

Comment

90% !

Just a call from one with caller id 020 3500 2862 who wasnt clear "Datamantics" or something like that.

Promised me 90% with contracts, PAYE, P60 etc...

I told her it's too good to be true, then she tried say it's all above board and that the HMRC have approved it (where have I heard this before)

I should have let her send me the email with the information on.

Comment

Originally posted by chineseJohn View Post
            Just a call from one with caller id 020 3500 2862 who wasnt clear "Datamantics" or something like that.

Promised me 90% with contracts, PAYE, P60 etc...

I told her it's too good to be true, then she tried say it's all above board and that the HMRC have approved it (where have I heard this before)

I should have let her send me the email with the information on.
            Ideally HMRC would have a hotline to report these to. Then act fast.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              I dodged a bullet with the loan charge. Fifteen years ago all my contractor colleagues were all going into these schemes. only 6 or 7 of us out of 50 contractors decided not to.

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
                No I won't.

This morning however, chasing an ad that appeared on Linkedin, this is what I was told I could retain via a combination of salary and loans.

This was apparently compliant and legal and HMRC was aware of it.

Also the wording was careful to say that it used an FCSA approved insurance.

Have checked.

Not FCSA approved - just using the name.

Not compliant.

HMRC was not aware of it.

The umbrella claimed 15 years of exprience, despite having been incorporated about 3 months ago and seems to be a small group of people who fell out of an umbrella that fell apart in the summer.

Check carefully.
                Hi webberg,

Maybe it's worth letting FCSA know that this company is using their name to promote its services. Their email address is [email protected].

I know that there have been a few companies this year that have said they're FCSA "approved" and it has turned out to not be the case.

Kind regards

Zeeshan
                Dolan Accountancy

Contractor Umbrella

01442 795 100

Comment

While you are at it you can report.

contractor-tax-calculator .com
                  umbrella-paye. com
                  fiscalo .co.uk
                  dailycontractor. com

And http://www.offshoreumbrellacompanies. com/offshore-umbrella-company-list-uk/ which is a site dedicated to pushing these and even have a nice directory of providers to report.

Wooden spoon goes to contractortap. com who have a whole section dedicated to what to look out for but have a banner add for the first offender at the top of the page. Well done guys.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    They do here , but as for acting fast, who knows!

Comment

Working...
                    X