• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Brolly tax regime

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lucycontractorumbrella View Post
    Hi CoolCat
    The only thing you need to look at is the Supervision, Direction and Control element of the Travel & Subsistence Legislation. This is what dictates whether you are able to reclaim via self-assessment at the end of the financial year. You will have to contact HMRC to get them to ascertain whether they perceive you are under SDC as the guidance is somewhat airy-fairy! We have advised our contractors to get in touch with the revenue with their contract of employment and their job specification to get them to declare your status. If they deem you are under SDC or the right thereof then you will not be able to claim the tax relief at all - sorry!
    Which will just force more people to go Ltd and HMRC to be at a net loss. Madness sheer madness.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
      Which will just force more people to go Ltd and HMRC to be at a net loss. Madness sheer madness.
      This has been closed for those working in the Public Sector - whether you use an umbrella or Ltd. We expect it to be closed for the Private Sector in due course.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
        Yes - sorry to break the news but at this precise moment in time Public Sector workers will gain no real benefit from Ltd company contracting

Comment

Working...
        X