• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IPSE CC Elections

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IPSE CC Elections

It's that time of year again! I can't improve on TF's excellent post from last year, so I'm not going to try.

You can find details of this year's election here. The nomination period is open till noon on 5 May. Please think about whether you might be able to bring your experiences to the role.

If you'd like to find out more, or have an informal chat about what it entails, then feel free to drop me a PM. Or if you'd like to talk to a current CC member, I can put you in touch.

If you don't use their forum, then I'd suggest not wasting your time? I'm on the CC, and don't use it, following a ban by their CEO. Feel free to PM me, too.
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
      If you don't use their forum, then I'd suggest not wasting your time? I'm on the CC, and don't use it, following a ban by their CEO. Feel free to PM me, too.
      Just as a point of accuracy, the CEO did not ban you - one of the elected directors did, and IMO, very justifiably. However, the choice to not continue using the forum is yours, but I'd suggest that, as a CC member, you are unable to properly fulfill your commitment if you do not do so, as the forum is the primary method of communication between meetings.

I would encourage anyone to visit the forum and make up their own mind.

Comment

How sad. I was banned due to the CEO complaining about me. Of course you would agree, since you are one of the Directors.

I suggest that CC is irrelevant if it relies on a largely unused Forum, in an organisation of 20000 members, in order to function.
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

As a CC newbie, coming to the end of my first year I would say anyone who is considering standing do so, having too many candidates is never a bad thing, having the opportunity to ask questions is never a bad thing, having the opportunity to be part of the conversation is never a bad thing.

However I would also plead with potential candidates to verify they are comfortable with the scope of the CC, what it can and cannot do especially in terms of the operational side where we have no remit, and only stand if you are happy that your role will be limited by the rules/articals of association etc.
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

How sad. I was banned due to the CEO complaining about me. Of course you would agree, since you are one of the Directors.

I suggest that CC is irrelevant if it relies on a largely unused Forum, in an organisation of 20000 members, in order to function.
            It's not IPSE that's sad...

HTH
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Good that there is at least a discussion going here. I'd be pleased to encourage people to join in, and join IPSE, as an organisation, too.

Comment

Good that there is at least a discussion going here. I'd be pleased to encourage people to join in, and join IPSE, as an organisation, too.
                Fair enough...
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Have you taken a peek in there lately? Talk about fiddling while Rome burns. It's not only very sad to see it happening, but everyone in a position of any influence there appears to me to be in utter, complete denial about what's happening in the industry and the ability or not to influence anything any more.
                  Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                  Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                    Have you taken a peek in there lately? Talk about fiddling while Rome burns. It's not only very sad to see it happening, but everyone in a position of any influence there appears to me to be in utter, complete denial about what's happening in the industry and the ability or not to influence anything any more.
                    Perhaps you should look a little harder.
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                    X