• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are we really thinking of off payroll rules for Private Sector?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The tool still seems to be receiving updates as the right to sub question has gone through a number of iterations the last few weeks. Today its pretty clear cut.

Comment

Originally posted by munkee View Post
      The tool still seems to be receiving updates as the right to sub question has gone through a number of iterations the last few weeks. Today its pretty clear cut.
      It should be the same as it was early last week as the version number hasn't changed from 1.1.1final
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        It should be the same as it was early last week as the version number hasn't changed from 1.1.1final
        Most clients I work with don't know what version control is and just change stuff without updating the version numbers or keeping records of changes.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          Which is why Hammond should hold off on Private Sector - he hasn't even seen the fallout of Public Sector go-live yet.
          I work In the private sector ( i.e. ) construction, we will down tools In protest like we did last time It's a very flexible industry and this is Hammonds biggest hurdle to make the industry PAYE will it work I have my doubts, they tried It before banning CIS under IR35 ( working under supervision ) only to bring CIS back one year later, so what was the point in banning It.
          I will leave the industry If Hammond gets his way.
          Last edited by Mark2009; 19 March 2017, 12:06.

Comment

Before the budget I would have put good money on the HMRC steaming ahead with bringing this to the Private Sector in 2019 but with the backlash over NIC I suspect they will be treading carefully trying to tax self employed people.

The Taylor report will be interesting but these things do have a habit of being ignored.

Comment

Working...
            X