• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractors United will never be Shafted!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Yes - that's why PSCs weren't in the original discussion document on travel and subsistence.

Which then gave HMRC the ability to say "no PSC has complained" when they moved to consultation from discussion.
    "PSCs" were added in response to the risk that umbrella users would incorporate. So yes, with greatest respect to Lisa for the miles she's putting in, I don't believe that "we're all in the same boat" helps those of us operating through limited companies.

Comment

Originally posted by fannyadams View Post
      "PSCs" were added in response to the risk that umbrella users would incorporate. So yes, with greatest respect to Lisa for the miles she's putting in, I don't believe that "we're all in the same boat" helps those of us operating through limited companies.
      Perhaps not, but "we can all make a big noise about this together" makes perfect sense.
      I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by fannyadams View Post
        That's fair enough but who else do you have fighting for you?
        Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
          The All Umbrella Companies are Equal name came from Animal Farm (the George Orwell version ) - the rest of the quote is 'but some are more equal than others'
          Relying on the press to visit the website, read the rest of the name, and understand the implication might be a little over-optimistic.

I'll confess to thinking that the name was All Umbrella Companies Aren't Equal.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
            +1

Actually make it a double.

This is about making an impact on social media to raise awareness, you're not signing up to a professional body that HMRC are going to be looking at closely.
            With a social reach of 115,000 people from only 92 sign ups - surely this is a way to shout out and be heard

Comment

Originally posted by lucycontractorumbrella View Post
              With a social reach of 115,000 people from only 92 sign ups - surely this is a way to shout out and be heard
              40000 come from Lisa's brother
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
                That's fair enough but who else do you have fighting for you?
                That's why I'm an IPSE member. I know they get a knocking on here, but having spent Friday evening and Saturday at a meeting with the Board, senior management team and the CC, all anyone was talking about are the consultations, the rumoured 1 month thing, and the effect on our industry. They are representing our views - if they're not shouting, it's because they don't have to; they have direct access to the people who are listening. I agree that this dilutes the message they send to members, and I think there is a problem with reconciling the two, but I am confident that they are getting heard - whether or not they can actually influence remains to be seen, but I'm not writing them off.

Edit: Almost forgot the MGM code! Am slacking. IPSEMGM0004

Edit2: That's not to say I don't think there's a place for shouting as well!
                Last edited by mudskipper; 18 November 2015, 16:11.

Comment

I obviously need more "social" friends

Comment

And if he marked any posts from there as private it does really expand the reach much
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      That's why I'm an IPSE member. I know they get a knocking on here, but having spent Friday evening and Saturday at a meeting with the Board, senior management team and the CC, all anyone was talking about are the consultations, the rumoured 1 month thing, and the effect on our industry. They are representing our views - if they're not shouting, it's because they don't have to; they have direct access to the people who are listening. I agree that this dilutes the message they send to members, and I think there is a problem with reconciling the two, but I am confident that they are getting heard - whether or not they can actually influence remains to be seen, but I'm not writing them off.

Edit: Almost forgot the MGM code! Am slacking. IPSEMGM0004
                      How about getting Lisa's social media piece on the IPSE forums. One thing IPSE dont appear to make much use of is Social Media and this is a way to do it without having to do any heavy lifting up front.
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X