• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A New Business Entity Test

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
    Please see above
    Sorry lisa, we posted at the same time

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Found this old thread on the IPSE forum, but I have no idea if this accurately reflects the proposal

It looks like the idea was to pass 50% of the tests.

https://community.ipse.co.uk/threads...s-yours.99239/
      Not sure they were ever published to the outside world, but they did follow the same basic logic as the HMRC abortion mix, but with rather more relevant criteria and a far better scoring system. Worth also noting they were written in conjunction with other relevant professional bodies who are also on the IR35 Forum. There were a couple of clear binaries, then others to cover the more marginal cases.

What there weren't were demands to waste money on advertising and to carry bad debts...
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

If you have employers liability insurance you should get points.
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          Are we? In what way? In terms of the work that we're engaged in?
          Or do you mean disguised by the employer?
          Only I'd say there's a reasonable argument that development staff can legitimately largely be classed as contractors because of project-based funding whereas support staff you'd want to be primarily perm. I'd say an 80-20 rule on both sides of the fence would be a reasonable split.
          the number of places I have been where "contractors" have been there for 10 years as contractors.... c'mon if that isn't disguised employment...?
          This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
            the number of places I have been where "contractors" have been there for 10 years as contractors.... c'mon if that isn't disguised employment...?
            Some of them admit they are within IR35 and pay taxes accordingly.

In short until you see others tax affairs you cannot comment.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
            X