• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mutli-select dropdown box

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Works quite nicely with a textbox - especially if I add a dropdown image doobrie.

Just got to work out how to show the listbox without moving the other content - I hate this CSS stuff!

Edit fiddle - JSFiddle

Edit: still would prefer a nice 'out the box' solution if anyone's come across one!
    Absolute positioning is what you need.

Edit fiddle - JSFiddle

Comment

Works quite nicely with a textbox - especially if I add a dropdown image doobrie.

Just got to work out how to show the listbox without moving the other content - I hate this CSS stuff!

Edit fiddle - JSFiddle
      1. Wrap everything in a <div>, and give it position: relative;
      2. Give the <select> position: absolute; and left: 0; top: whatever-the-height-of-the-input-is;

Edit: still would prefer a nice 'out the box' solution if anyone's come across one!
      Wouldn't we all

Best thing I've read about <select> elements recently is this, which argues for just saying "to hell with the damn thing" and creating a new solution from scratch: https://medium.com/design-ux/bc190d62eff5

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
        Absolute positioning is what you need.

Edit fiddle - JSFiddle
        Cheers m'dear - I owe you a JD and coke!

Comment

give dropkick a look in. Not sure if it supports multi-select out of the box though.

https://github.com/Robdel12/DropKick
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Well not quite 5 minutes by the time I'd added several of them in a .Net update panel, but now all working and client happy (for now...)

Thanks for the help all (esp. Bunk!)

Comment

<option>AndyW</option>
              Is that your name then, or someone you don't like ?

Boo

Comment

Originally posted by Boo View Post
                Is that your name then, or someone you don't like ?

Boo
                Andyw was a troll who flared briefly across the heavens of the forum in the summer of 2006, before crashing and burning as autumn came: Andyw's last post

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Andyw was a troll who flared briefly across the heavens of the forum in the summer of 2006, before crashing and burning as autumn came: Andyw's last post
                  WHS, and he (or his mum) is the traditional 'last option' on all CUK polls.

Comment

I love the fact that AndyW's last post is in relation to a post by MF trying to bring peace and harmony to the board

oh how time changes everything!

Comment

Working...
                    X