• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Email blocked by Spamhaus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email blocked by Spamhaus

Very strange.

Outlook has just started to block outgoing mail on my machine (MBP).

It gives me a spamhaus reference with an IP address.

When I look it up it tells me that I'm infected with Torpig and that they observed a malware outgoing connection at 18:58 9 days ago.

The strange thing is:

1) All of my machines are Apple apart from a tiny Asus that is hardly ever used (but I can't definitely say was not used 9 days ago).

2) The wi-fi connection is my mobile dongle which I only ever use during the working day (but I can't definitively say was turned off 9 days ago).

3) I did briefly put my work computer onto my mobile wifi when my homebroad band was playing up 6 days ago. I've since removed the connection.

I'm going to look up the details to try and track the computer, but will probably just click the 'delist' from the CBL

Should I be worried about this?
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Very strange.

Outlook has just started to block outgoing mail on my machine (MBP).

It gives me a spamhaus reference with an IP address.

When I look it up it tells me that I'm infected with Torpig and that they observed a malware outgoing connection at 18:58 9 days ago.

The strange thing is:

1) All of my machines are Apple apart from a tiny Asus that is hardly ever used (but I can't definitely say was not used 9 days ago).

2) The wi-fi connection is my mobile dongle which I only ever use during the working day (but I can't definitively say was turned off 9 days ago).

3) I did briefly put my work computer onto my mobile wifi when my homebroad band was playing up 6 days ago. I've since removed the connection.

I'm going to look up the details to try and track the computer, but will probably just click the 'delist' from the CBL

Should I be worried about this?
    Your network dongle provider has given you a different ip address to the one you used to have and that address was used by an infected machine 9 days ago.

All you can do is click the delist button and pray their delist your account...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Your network dongle provider has given you a different ip address to the one you used to have and that address was used by an infected machine 9 days ago.

All you can do is click the delist button and pray their delist your account...
      I've just turned on the dongle again and the IP address is now someone else's problem. Ta eek.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
      X