• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Playing about

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playing about

Right then, I am going to finish off (i.e. put 2 pages together) MyCo website at some point in the near future.

I notice I can also one click install all sorts of stuff such as wordpress, zen cart etc. Is it worth setting up a new subdomain and installing some of this stuff so I can muck about with it do you think? Probably easier than sticking it on my own box.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Probably.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Probably.
      I hate long replies. Can someone summarize this post for me please?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Probably.
        I shall look into that another day then. Perhaps I should use wordpress or drupal or summat for the actual website.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          I shall look into that another day then. Perhaps I should use wordpress or drupal or summat for the actual website.
          WordPress is a good bet - although it started as a blog platform, it's evolved into a very good general purpose CMS with loads of good plugins.

Mind, there are also loads of abysmal plugins - the curse of a "vibrant community"

Lots of free themes as well, not all of them repulsive.

Comment

+1 for WP. If you want a simple "me me me" page it can't be beat
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

if you want to mess about in a sub domain and then move it to www when its complete - wordpress can be a bit of a bitch to move an existing site to another address.

Joomla is much easier.
              Still Invoicing

Comment

Working...
              X