• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

To .co.uk or not .co.uk? That is the question.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
    Why?

As long as they can find you on Google...
    You are PeterGriffin.co.uk

I am PeterGriffin.com

What if I have better SEO than you do?
    WSM said. There's a guy in the US who manages a couple of music acts through his company NickFitz Management, who I suspect is a bit envious of me for coming first on a search for NickFitz

(nickfitz.com was already taken back when I was registering my domain, which is why I didn't grab it myself. Back then, it was some software developer from the MidWest of the US.)
    Last edited by NickFitz; 10 October 2013, 14:50.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      You are PeterGriffin.co.uk

I am PeterGriffin.com

What if I have better SEO than you do?
      or sell sex toys!

have a look when you google search for the intended name.

You may find its slang for doing something weird.

Imagine being called 'Dogg Inc'. what comes up will have an effect on the users if they have predictive searching.

I had one guy who got the .net for my domain before me, he wasn't doing anything exciting luckily but if he had been a swingers lifestyle advisor it might have been embarrassing.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        or sell sex toys!

have a look when you google search for the intended name.

You may find its slang for doing something weird.

Imagine being called 'Dogg Inc'. what comes up will have an effect on the users if they have predictive searching.

I had one guy who got the .net for my domain before me, he wasn't doing anything exciting luckily but if he had been a swingers lifestyle advisor it might have been embarrassing.
        the high st store blacks.co.uk could do with this advice.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
        X