• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Office chair

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Office chair

OK so maybe not that technical - but I need a new office chair for home office - I am big (6' plus) and heavy (16+ stone) so need a substantial and comfortable one - recommendations welcome.

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    OK so maybe not that technical - but I need a new office chair for home office - I am big (6' plus) and heavy (16+ stone) so need a substantial and comfortable one - recommendations welcome.
    I have a pair of Herman Miller Mirra chairs, which I got on Ebay for £230 each, almost new.

And as quite a few folks on the board can vouch, I am not small either. 6'2" and quite a bit heavier than you.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
      I have a pair of Herman Miller Mirra chairs, which I got on Ebay for £230 each, almost new.

And as quite a few folks on the board can vouch, I am not small either. 6'2" and quite a bit heavier than you.
      Would go for an Herman Miller Aeron personally but just watch ebay second hand either option are cheap and frequently available....
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Thanks folks - had forgotten all about Herman Miller - they had them at a clientco and I really liked them.

Comment

We had another thread on this recently...

http://forums.contractoruk.com/techn...06-chairs.html
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Have you considered
            The Fast Diet » the secret of 5:2 intermittent fasting: lose weight, stay healthy, live longer
            Then a cheap spindly chair

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
              And/Or a stand up desk on a treadmill, kill two birds with one stone, so to speak.

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
                Yeah - it's not going to make me any shorter though, so a crap chair still won't do.

Comment

Yeah - it's not going to make me any shorter though, so a crap chair still won't do.
                  Office chairs, work chairs and visitor chairs since 1943 - HÅG

These are extremely comfortable But will set you back a few quid.

Comment

Herman Miller Mirra at my co office/lab, Herman Miller Aeron at client co office/lab.

Previous client used to have the cheap padded VDU user chairs which got very hot in summer in an office with no air con.

I got mine from a local secondhand office furniture place that also advertised on ebay for ~£300.

Comment

Working...
                    X