• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CPU fan always at full speed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPU fan always at full speed

Since the faulty motherboard was replaced on my PC by a Gigabyte G41M combo, the cpu fan runs all the time at full speed.

Speedfan and Gigabyte's own Easytune utility aren't changing this, all ideas welcome.

Thanks
    If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Bios settings have energy efficiency switch off?

The fan is connected to the right connection?
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Bios settings have energy efficiency switch off?

The fan is connected to the right connection?
      Thanks for the advice, unfortunately the Bios doesn't appear to have such a setting.

I'll get the hardware checked out in case of some issue with e.g. connections.

Advice I have found on the net has so far hit the buffers when it suggests changing some setting which I don't seem to have, ho-hum......
      If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

Your mobo will have multiple fan connectors, stating the obvious but you have got it plugged into the CPU fan connector and not one of the case fan connectors?

Comment

CPU fan poorly seated on the CPU? Bad/no thermal compound meaning CPU is hot, fan is not?

Dust! Is it all clogged up with dust?

Otherwise it's got to be a bios setting issue me thinks....

Comment

Probably dust.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Perhaps this would help.

Comment

Am assuming you're using Windows? If so then check the Task Manager -> Processes to see if a process/image is causing the CPU to go at 100%.
                sasguru says:
                Yes but you are quite limited after all
                Answers on a postcard please!

Comment

Working...
                X