• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "CPU fan always at full speed"

Collapse

• ExPermie
    replied
    Am assuming you're using Windows? If so then check the Task Manager -> Processes to see if a process/image is causing the CPU to go at 100%.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Perhaps this would help.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Probably dust.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    CPU fan poorly seated on the CPU? Bad/no thermal compound meaning CPU is hot, fan is not?

Dust! Is it all clogged up with dust?

Otherwise it's got to be a bios setting issue me thinks....

Leave a comment:

• Durbs
    replied
    Your mobo will have multiple fan connectors, stating the obvious but you have got it plugged into the CPU fan connector and not one of the case fan connectors?

Leave a comment:

• Chantho
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Bios settings have energy efficiency switch off?

The fan is connected to the right connection?
    Thanks for the advice, unfortunately the Bios doesn't appear to have such a setting.

I'll get the hardware checked out in case of some issue with e.g. connections.

Advice I have found on the net has so far hit the buffers when it suggests changing some setting which I don't seem to have, ho-hum......

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Bios settings have energy efficiency switch off?

The fan is connected to the right connection?

Leave a comment:

• Chantho
    started a topic CPU fan always at full speed

CPU fan always at full speed

Since the faulty motherboard was replaced on my PC by a Gigabyte G41M combo, the cpu fan runs all the time at full speed.

Speedfan and Gigabyte's own Easytune utility aren't changing this, all ideas welcome.

Thanks

Working...
X