• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which Business Email Client?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Business Email Client?

Hi everyone

Just looking at setting up the various bits and pieces for the company and wondered what the established members use for their business in terms of email clients. I did a search and it seems there are a few options like:

Google apps for business
    Zoho
    Outlook
    Thunderbird

But I'm interested to hear what experiences people have had with these or other email clients.

Thanks
    In Scooter we trust

I use Outlook as part of Office for Mac, rock solid and bullet proof
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      I use Outlook as part of Office for Mac, rock solid and bullet proof
      Is that Office 365 or do you use Exchange Online?
      In Scooter we trust

Comment

Outlook for Mac client using exchange hosted via 1&1 internet

its never failed me yet
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
          Is that Office 365 or do you use Exchange Online?
          I have my email hosted with Vidahost, IMAP blah blah blah into my Echange Client
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Created a new hotmail/outlook account and whilst Outlook.com isn't that good, I do like the fact you can link accounts together.

qh
            He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
              Hi everyone

Just looking at setting up the various bits and pieces for the company and wondered what the established members use for their business in terms of email clients. I did a search and it seems there are a few options like:

Google apps for business
              Zoho
              Outlook
              Thunderbird

But I'm interested to hear what experiences people have had with these or other email clients.

Thanks
              I use Google Apps, very good. Can access from anywhere and it's the familiar Gmail interface, and there's a Gmail client for my phone (Andriod).

Never heard of Zoho.

Outlook/Thunderbird - I don't like having to install stuff like that, what if I want to access emails while I'm abroad on hols in an internet cafe?
              Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

+1 for Office 365.

I use it for my contracting and also host some email accounts as part of my plan B and they all go through Office 365. Easy setup and I think it's really well priced for what is basically MS Exchange - something like £4 per mailbox a month - and you get email sync everywhere, works on my Android phone, shared calendars etc. the works.

I know things like Google Mail are free and pretty decent, but for some reason there's something reassuring about paying for a mail service so I don't feel like my emails are being harvested for advertisers and there's at least some kind of baseline service level you can expect. Google could pull their mail product tomorrow and then what happens to all your data? (Obviously this is never going to happen, but still...)

Comment

I use Google Apps. I used to have it synced with Outlook but I stopped using it as the online version improved.

Originally posted by Willapp View Post
                  I know things like Google Mail are free and pretty decent, but for some reason there's something reassuring about paying for a mail service so I don't feel like my emails are being harvested for advertisers and there's at least some kind of baseline service level you can expect. Google could pull their mail product tomorrow and then what happens to all your data? (Obviously this is never going to happen, but still...)
                  Hence using Google Apps, which has business and even enterprise plans - they are after government and education contracts so are not about to turn it off.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Hence using Google Apps, which has business and even enterprise plans - they are after government and education contracts so are not about to turn it off.
                    Yeah that's true, I forget they do paid-for versions now. Still I've never truly embraced the Google platform and only have a Google account as a by-product of owning an Android device. Not that I'm anti-Google by any means, but professionally I guess I've 'grown up' with Outlook for email and there's just no incentive to move away from it while it does the job I need.

Comment

Working...
                    X