• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which Business Email Client?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willapp View Post
    Yeah that's true, I forget they do paid-for versions now. Still I've never truly embraced the Google platform and only have a Google account as a by-product of owning an Android device. Not that I'm anti-Google by any means, but professionally I guess I've 'grown up' with Outlook for email and there's just no incentive to move away from it while it does the job I need.
    I'm sure I'd have been on Outlook if it wasn't the case that when I first wanted a proper business email, email providers still viewed an Exchange account as an extra to charge more for whereas Google were doing free business versions for small companies.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I use Outlook too.

Have domain and website for plan B at Fasthosts. Use their Exchange hosted email for each user. Free Outlook license and download. No problems so far. Been there about 4 years.

Comment

Gmail for me. Available on any device at any time with blistering fast search. No need to worry about backups and viruses.

Last time I used Outlook, 3 odd years ago now, I didn't like that it was "on my main computer" and accessing emails when mobile was always a terrible PITA. I'm sure it's moved on since then, but I'm so happy with Gmail that I'll never go back to a hosted (vs. cloud) service.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          Gmail for me. Available on any device at any time with blistering fast search. No need to worry about backups and viruses.

Last time I used Outlook, 3 odd years ago now, I didn't like that it was "on my main computer" and accessing emails when mobile was always a terrible PITA. I'm sure it's moved on since then, but I'm so happy with Gmail that I'll never go back to a hosted (vs. cloud) service.
          For $50 a year I think it's a steal
          In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
            Outlook for Mac client using exchange hosted via 1&1 internet

its never failed me yet
            I use 1&1 but just the regular email hosting

All my client applications: Outlook *2, Android email, Aqua mail and thunderbird use IMAP to connect
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
              I use Google Apps, very good. Can access from anywhere and it's the familiar Gmail interface, and there's a Gmail client for my phone (Andriod).
              Android

I use Google Apps for my different domain names, but now that they charge new customers I'd shop around as I don't think it's worth the fees.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                I use Google Apps for my different domain names, but now that they charge new customers I'd shop around as I don't think it's worth the fees.
                How can you say that about the mighty Google?
                In Scooter we trust

Comment

Zoho. It is the best suite overall.
                  I use it as well for my invoices.

The only drawback is the calendar app has no SMS alert service.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    Android

Didn't realise they started charging for it now. I got a free account a while back and it supports 50 free users (not that i'm going to use that many!!)
                    Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Office 365 P1 customer here and costs the ltd. company £3.90 pcm (hosted exchange email, Lync online, SharePoint online and online office apps). You can pay for it on a credit card so it's very easy and quick to setup.

I already have Office 2010 so I just use Outlook to connect to O365 which also allows me to connect to my three ClientCo email exchange accounts all from one place.

Comment

Working...
                      X