• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Phone tracker app

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phone tracker app

Having lost (and found) my HTC Desire again, I'm thinking I really should install some sort of 'where's my phone' app.

What do people use?

I came across
    https://www.lookout.com/features

which on the face of it looks like it does the job.

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Having lost (and found) my HTC Desire again, I'm thinking I really should install some sort of 'where's my phone' app.

What do people use?

I came across
    https://www.lookout.com/features

which on the face of it looks like it does the job.
    icloud find my phone on the iphone. I use it virtually every week to confirm that my wife left it at work.....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Phone tracker app

Originally posted by eek View Post
      icloud find my phone on the iphone. I use it virtually every week to confirm that my wife left it at work.....
      My missus calls it my stalker app!

Comment

The tracker apps aren't that accurate to work out the phone has fallen behind the sofa, will but tell you which ever building you left it in
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

for android I used to use hiddenapp.com

provides all the same features as wheres my phone on iphone

edit: ignore that, thats what i used to use for the macbook before wheres my phone app
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            The tracker apps aren't that accurate to work out the phone has fallen behind the sofa, will but tell you which ever building you left it in
            Find my iphone will send a signal for it to go beep at full volume allowing you to find it provided the battery isn't totally dead.

Yes I've had to use that function far too often as well.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I have lookout installed.

Since I'm paranoid about losing my phone / wallet, I'm backing this Kickstarter project - wallet tells you when you leave your phone behind, phone tells you when you leave your wallet behind.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Cheers all.

iPhone apps not much help for Android

I'll go with lookout.

Comment

I have 360life installed on mine Life360 - The New Family Circle

Great thing is you can get the kids on it so can see where they are as well. Don't use it to track their every move but if one of them is late home instead of fretting and ringing round everyone I can see where they are.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Have a look at Prey - I have used this on several Android handsets.....and a tablet a while back. Thankfully, never had to 'use' it, but comes pretty highly recommended by those who probably know more than me
                    latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Working...
                    X