• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Opensource CRM recommendations?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a freebie / opensource CRM for testing and possible deployment at a client site. They don't really know what they want unless perhaps Google Docs integration (go figure). Maybe some form of groupware is really what they want but until I get more information out of them and / or show them something that might suit I'm a bit in the dark.

I don't have much experience of CRM / ERP so it'll be a learning curve for me. Preferably on a LAMP stack with browser as the client as access outside of the office will be via phone or tablets.
    Me, me, me...

Will they do cloud / SAAS? salesforce and sugar CRM spring to mind. I'm guessing the freeness is the main driver for the open source criteria though.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I had a look recently but didn't find any of them that fitted with how I want to deal with clients, so would also be interested if anyone has some pointers to good ones. Zurmo is LAMP based and was one of the better ones I'd stumbled across. Will probably end up rolling my own so it can integrate nicely with other systems.

Comment

Take a look at Zoho

CRM Software, Customer Relationship Management - Zoho CRM

Comment

there is CiviCRM - CiviCRM Community Site | Open source constituent relationship management for non-profits, NGOs and advocacy organizations.
          Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Depends on what they really want - there are a few plugins for Wordpress which may do what they want to do.

You get what you pay for, though.

Flog 'em Oracle and I'll do the implementation for you.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              Depends on what they really want - there are a few plugins for Wordpress which may do what they want to do.

You get what you pay for, though.

Flog 'em Oracle and I'll do the implementation for you.
              MS Dynamics and I'll do the same.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Already said, but Zoho or Sugar.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Bump for sugar, although I have only been involved in front-end development.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0anaCNDvGo

Comment

We didn't go for it because we needed something a little more enterprise level. But when our techies and functional strategists (yep we really do have) looked at CRM last they said Sugar was very good.
                    https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Working...
                    X