• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Seriously Eclipse, you can't even do Copy-Paste?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kal View Post
    IntelliJ IDEA all the way for me. Picked up a personal licence for Version 12 for under £50 when JetBrains had their 75% end of the world sale (to tie in with all that Mayan nonsense) before XMas. Best IDE by a mile and dumps on Eclipse from a great height
    Its an old thread but +1. IntelliJ is great (even when doing node and not java)
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by kal View Post
      IntelliJ IDEA all the way for me. Picked up a personal licence for Version 12 for under £50 when JetBrains had their 75% end of the world sale (to tie in with all that Mayan nonsense) before XMas. Best IDE by a mile and dumps on Eclipse from a great height
      Does it play nice when working on projects where everyone else uses Eclipse... project settings and so on?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Does it play nice when working on projects where everyone else uses Eclipse... project settings and so on?
        Have had no problems, we have devs using all three IDEs (including Netbeans!) as no one is mandated, the fact that everything is maven driven helps, IntelliJ just pulls in all of the mavens projects and you're away. If anything the maven support is better and less buggy than the m2eclipse plugin which used to cause no end of hassle for me...

Comment

Working...
        X