• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Telerik/Html5 controls not rendering in RDP session

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Telerik/Html5 controls not rendering in RDP session

I'm putting a webpage together containing a load of reporting controls - charts & graphs etc. I have to do my development work on a VM that I access via RDP. While I was developing the solution I just had the controls do their stuff on page load which worked fine (all client side -this is an MVC app).

Now I've hooked everything up to click events, nothing happens. There is an Ajax call, I can see that a valid response is returned & I can inspect the HTML in firebug & everything looks as it should be. It's just as if the controls aren't getting repainted.

I had a suspicion that this may have something to do with terminal services - I've got a distant memory of animated gifs not working or something - & I got the web app set up on a local desktop & sure enough it worked fine.

Anyone know what this problem is with RDP / thin client environments & if there is any workaround as the client isn't giving me any alternative way of working?

Graphics hardware acceleration won't work over RDP, so it could be something to do with that. You can disable it in Firefox.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Do you have the option to connect using VNC which is a more 'dumb' remote connection and will just show what's on the screen?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        Graphics hardware acceleration won't work over RDP, so it could be something to do with that. You can disable it in Firefox.
        Did try that but no joy. Same in all browsers

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Do you have the option to connect using VNC which is a more 'dumb' remote connection and will just show what's on the screen?
        I could but it would take them a month to set it up

Will have to go back to working locally on the very low spec pc they've given me...

Comment

Very low tech but what about taking a screenshot on the remote PC... this depends if the issue is with RDP not sending the new visuals or on the actual rendering stuff itself, I don't know how VM graphics work to be honest.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
            Did try that but no joy. Same in all browsers

I could but it would take them a month to set it up

Will have to go back to working locally on the very low spec pc they've given me...
            Did you point at that it would reduce you work speed by 20% a day so a £500 computer would save them a fortune.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Did you point at that it would reduce you work speed by 20% a day so a £500 computer would save them a fortune.
              Yep. But they have "procedures" & I'm only here for another month

Comment

Working...
              X