• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wordpress speed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wordpress speed

A Wordpress webpage with largish image files seems to load significantly quicker than a DIY page with similar sized images. Is this something to do with this?

WordPress › Quick Cache ( Speed Without Compromise ) « WordPress Plugins

If so, anyone used it on their own site? Cheers.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    A Wordpress webpage with largish image files seems to load significantly quicker than a DIY page with similar sized images. Is this something to do with this?

I might give it a go when I get home tonight. However, based on what I have been told by others, my website loads quickly enough... so the question is, do I want to load it any quicker? My only frustration is that the images in my slideshow doesn't get updated on the client side when I update it on the server side.... and there isn't an option on the server side to force an update. But if the Quick Cache is a fix, I might consider it.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Is that plugin actually installed and enabled on the site in question? If so you could experiment turning it off for comparison.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

We use W3 Total Cache which does seem to improve things.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Cheers. Might have a bash at installing.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
          X