• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Request Tracker

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request Tracker

Been using RT (RT: Request Tracker - Best Practical) for managing tasks for a good few years now, on V3 whereas V4 is out now and looks OK. Was a fiddle to set up and there are only five or six of us who use it but like it as tasks in there don't get forgotten as emails often do. Am kind of forced to upgrade as the server it is on is coming to EOL and rather than move it from a dedicated box (had other sites on there that have since perished) to a local machine to save costs I am open to a new install of RT or another similar tracking system.

Any recommendations for a simple ticketing system where I can set up queues for different projects / clients and have different owners / watchers for different queues.

Criteria - open source and linux based but apart from that am open to ideas.

Cheers,

Admin

Have you considered Trello? www.trello.com

Criteria - open source and linux based but apart from that am open to ideas.
    Ooops, didn't read that bit. OK, trello is hosted, so probably not quite what you need. But worth a look anyway if you don't want the faff of hosting it yourself.
    Last edited by RasputinDude; 5 December 2012, 16:30. Reason: To stupid to read the whole post first

Comment

Cheers RasputinDude, will have a look.

Redmine looks OK - Overview - Redmine

Anyone tried it?

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post

Anyone tried it?
        Used it a bit, it just seemed like a crapper version of JIRA... for small projects absolutely fine.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I have used Redmine at a previous client - it was fine.

Also have used Trac. Again worked fine; but it didn't blow me away.

Both had their little tricks to get going on RH5. But nothing impossible to resolve.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Used it a bit, it just seemed like a crapper version of JIRA... for small projects absolutely fine.
            I agree with d0000hg on this one having moved on from RM to JIRA.
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post

Anyone tried it?
              Wd000hgS

I'm using Redmine at the moment, it is ok for small projects (and I do think it's worth you having a go with it).

My Client is also moving off it and onto Jira in the New Year, but Jira costs so I would try Redmine first.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I'd forgotten TRAC, that's also worth a look if it's FOSS... I'd say TRAC and Redmine are on a par. Bugzilla is also worth checking.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

not sure if this is the sort of thing you are after..

IT Service Management Software - Free Open Source Help Desk - Problem Management System - Customer Interaction Software | OTRS
                  Twitter: jonsmile

Comment

Working...
                  X