• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Macintosh Apps

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    You can for a single directory level but it's a right pain in the neck when it comes to a directory hierarchy.

But as I pointed out upthread here there's Create Clean Archive.

I've just downloaded and tested the latest version, which claims the following:

New in version 2.0:
    • Completely rewritten for improved speed and reliability.
    • Now compatible with OS X Mavericks (10.9).
    • You can now use Automator variables for the name.
    Yeah in using Create Clean Archive
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Use the same Apple Id for both.

The Mountain Lion and early Mavericks versions of OS X Server had almost non-existent help, but it's much improved of late. Forget about the help utility within OS X Server if you've screwed up your networking though, because it's only available when you are online, and even then it's a bit iffy. Use the browser version of the help instead: OS X Server 3 help

krypted.com/mac-os-x-server is a good resource.

Also note wrt to accessing it while away from home, you don't want to apply an update to Server until you get back home, because as soon as it notices a new version of Server.app in place it stops the server processes and you have to kick the rest of the update off manually by running Server.app.
      Thanks will take a look

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Also note wrt to accessing it while away from home, you don't want to apply an update to Server until you get back home, because as soon as it notices a new version of Server.app in place it stops the server processes and you have to kick the rest of the update off manually by running Server.app.
        Should be ok with a proper Apple Intel Xserve though - ISTR they have a iLOM of sorts. I let you know, I got one on order for my ever pocket-emptying home-proper-SAN project...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          Should be ok with a proper Apple Intel Xserve though - ISTR they have a iLOM of sorts. I let you know, I got one on order for my ever pocket-emptying home-proper-SAN project...
          Yes the guys I know with Xserves did brag about iLOM when they got them. I don't know whether it was standard or an optional item.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Does anyone use OSX Server VPN and Time Machine to back up remotely from the LAN?

From what I have heard most Apple solutions use Bonjour which don't work over VPN, there is conflicting evidence about what he best approach is to resolve this, has anyone else tried?

Comment

Working...
            X